Admission Brochure for International Students Applying for Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) in Autumn of 2019 of Binzhou Medical University
Binzhou Medical University (BMU) is famous for the cultivation of applied talents. Its predecessor was the Public Medical School of Shandong University originally established in 1946. After more than 70 years’ development, Binzhou Medical University has made great progress in various undertakings. Now Binzhou Medical University has bloomed into a common medical university at provincial level in Shandong province, where medical disciplines are superior, rehabilitation medicine and special education are featured, and medical, science, engineering, management, education and other multidisciplinary categories are infiltrated and coordinated. By now, BMU owns 30 undergraduate subjects which are qualified to enroll international students, and these subjects include clinical medicine, clinical medicine(general practice), stomatology, nursing, traditional Chinese medicine, medical imaging and so on.
1. Applicant Qualification
Foreign citizens who apply to study in Binzhou Medical University shall have a reliable economic guaranty and guarantor. He/she shall promise to follow Chinese Constitution, Chinese laws and regulations of the university during his/her stay in China. He/she shall also choose to come to our university at his/her own willingness.
The applicants shall meet the following conditions:
(1) Healthy both in mind and body;
(2) No-Chinese nationals holding valid foreign ordinary passports;
(3) Applicants who intend to apply for a bachelor degree shall have an official high school graduation certificate or own the same or above educational level. And the age shall be between 18-25 years old.
2. Application Time
April 1, 2019---May 31, 2019
3. Enrollment Time
August 28, 2019---September 4, 2019
4. Major and Number of Enrollment
Major: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Program
Duration: 6 years
Number of Enrollment: 80 students
Notes: schooling years may be extended for one or two years due to language problems or other reasonable reasons.
(1) Tuition Fee: 18000 yuan/academic year
(2) Application Fee: 400 yuan/person/time
(3) Accommodation Fee:6000 yuan (double room)
（Cost of water, electricity and network is extra.）
(4) Teaching Materials Fee: 800yuan/person/academic year
(5) Insurance Fee: 800yuan/person/academic year
(1) If any changes happen to accommodation conditions, the accommodation fees will be adjusted accordingly. Other fees like textbooks, visa, insurance etc. will be charged according to relevant stipulations. Application Fees are not refundable.
(2) Accommodation: air-conditioner, air source hot pumped bath, desk and chair, closet, curtain, single bed, mattress, side table, network interface, and private bathroom are provided to every room. The dormitory building is equipped with duty rooms, public kitchens, laundry rooms, activity rooms, bulletin boards, water and electricity facilities, fire-extinguishing equipments, etc.
(3) Scholarships are awarded to students annually (excluding graduating students), which include Shandong Provincial Government Scholarship, President Scholarship, Outstanding Student Scholarship and Individual Scholarship.
i. Shandong Provincial Government Scholarship: Shandong Provincial Government Scholarship consists of Freshmen Scholarship and Excellent Student Scholarship. Freshmen Scholarship is set up by Shandong Provincial Government in order to encourage international students to come to our university for study and scientific research. The Freshmen Scholarship consists of full scholarship, Class A scholarship, Class B scholarship and Class C scholarship. The full scholarship is 30,000 yuan per person; Class A scholarship is 20,000 yuan per person; Class B scholarship is 10,000 yuan per person; Class C scholarship is 5,000 yuan per person. Excellent Student Scholarship is designed to reward students who are diligent in their studies, outstanding in their performance, and excellent in terms of cultural exchanges and charitable activities. Excellent Student Scholarship is 5,000 yuan per person.
ii. President Scholarship: reward particularly outstanding all-round development students with excellent in character and learning. The sum of scholarship is the tuition fee of the next academic year. The number of students who are rewarded should not exceed 1% of the total number of international students.
iii. Outstanding Student Scholarship: reward outstanding all-round development students with excellent in character and learning. According to the comprehensive quality evaluation, it is divided into 3 degrees. First degree scholarship is 3000 yuan, which does not exceed 3% of the total number of international students. Second degree scholarship is 2000 yuan, which does not exceed 5% of the total number of international students. Third degree scholarship is 1000 yuan, which does not exceed 7% of the total number of international students.
iv. Individual Scholarship: 300 yuan is used to award outstanding students in organizational management, sports activities, etc. There are all five types of individual scholarships: organizational management, literature and art specialty, sports specialty, hygiene model and special contribution. The proportion of each selection does not exceed 3% of the total number of students abroad.
(4) Application fees by coming to the campus card center of the university or transferring to school bank account will be acceptable.
Account name: Binzhou Medical University
Account number: 15-395101040000324
Bank: Agricultural Bank of China Branch in Shidong, Laishan District, Yantai.
Please submit in RMB and note the applicant’s name and passport number.
(1) Application Form for International Students of Binzhou Medical University (signed by the applicant and the guarantor);
(2) Graduation Certificate of High School;
(3) Transcripts of High School;
(4) One copy of passport and one picture with the same size of passport;
(5) A guarantee letter for affairs in China, a guarantor (a copy of his/her ID card) and contact details of the guarantor;
(6) Copies of application fees receipt;
(7) Curriculum Vitae(Personal Resume);
(8) Non-fresh graduates need to provide working certificate and letters of recommendation;
(9) Other supporting documents (such as award certificates, etc).
Note: The scanned copy of the above materials shall be submitted in the initial application. The original copy shall be submitted in the enrollment period. The applicant should promise that all the materials are true and correct. Students with fake information will not be received at your peril.
7. Application Methods
(1) Sending application materials by coming to the university, uploading to the online application system, mailing, faxing, and e-mailing will be acceptable.
(2) Contact information
Contact number: 0086-535-6913297
Address: International Students Affair Office, Room 1509, administration office building, Binzhou Medical University, No. 346, Guanhai Road, Laishan District, Yantai city, Shandong Province. Postal code: 264003
Contact Person: Ms. Liang
For the applicant who intends to pursue a bachelor degree, after the inspection is qualified, he/she shall take part in an entrance examination after his/her application material being qualified. This examination includes a written examination and an interview, which is mainly designed to check the applicant’s basic knowledge and the language capacity. Applicants can only be admitted after passing the examination.
School of International Studies
Binzhou Medical University
January 15, 2019